Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm back... and I'm having a baby

Well, not me personally.

Uncle Nathan is back in digital form after a sabbatical that rivaled Sister Jeanette's quest for Jesus and bigger hair. Sister Jeanette was the nun who looked like Elvis and taught us how to dissect cats. You may be wondering what I've been up to since Spanish Nate returned stateside and became Uncle Nathan. You probably checked the blog daily -- nay, hourly -- to see that next post. Maybe you made it your home page, I don't know.

Well if you did, then you're in luck, because I have a treasure chest of show and tell waiting for you.

From July '06 to June '07, I wore many hats. Most of that time was spent in my supervisor hat (crimped velvet) in a warehouse in southern California. It was there that I found my name graffitied on the bathroom stall for the first time, and since children now use the interweb, I won't repeat the haiku. Rest assured, proper syntax WAS adhered to. Oh, and someone pooped on the floor. Three days in a row. I can say poop, can't I?

When I wasn't wearing my biohazard suit, I exclusively wore one of two sweaters.

It's important to stay busy, so I enrolled myself in many extracurricular activities:

Shopping cart derby
Master brewer
Joined a boy band
Circus performer
Avocado Pizza!
Aficionado of fine automobiles
Wild turkey
Elephant boy
Show me your prairie dog!
Zoo keeper
Circus performer II
Good shepherd
Pan of beer!!
Housewife
Fly fisherman
Double entendre pirate
18th century bureaucrat
Luchadoreista
Joined rival boy band
Among others...

In June 'o7, I flew to Peoria, IL where I now live. In a mansion. Built by a marble baron. In the 1890's. True story.

And on Dec. 24, 2007 Cherry Ann Aldeguer and I are expecting a son. Cherry Ann and I dated in Los Angeles while I lived there. She's going to make an awesome mom.

I'll now field some common questions about my son. Yes, I'm excited. Yes, the baby is healthy. Yes, the baby is in California. No, I do not plan on moving. Yes, I will be a kick ass dad. No, the baby will not be named Rufus. Yes, the baby will eat traditional Polish foods like kielbasa and pierogies and pork chops by Fat Tuesday. No, the Bears will not win the Super Bowl. Yes, the baby already looks like Jesus. See for yourself.
And here I am today, plane ticket in hand, waiting for Dec. 19th or a phone call from the ER, whichever comes first. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

juplife said...

i'm so happy you're back.

wish i would have made your extracurricular activities though.

Uncle said...

In my posting haste, I failed to credit my mentor in life, the one and only Mr. Rohn Amato. You'll be up at lunch time.

ajw said...

i'm happier than john